First off...I wish I could have been there for the reunion. Sounds like you all had a lot of fun. Happy Birthday to Drew and Justin and Happy Anniversary to Grandma and Grandpa! Ryan, feel better with the tooth as well! Last, CONGRATULATIONS to Ben and Julie for their next arrival Abigail Grace! I am so excited!
So this is going to be quite long because I have not updated over the weekend. So I ended with meeting my friends to go to the outlet mall...well BAD NEWS! We went to the post office before we had to meet at the train station to meet up with the group for the outlets. I was outside looking at vendors while my friends were doing their own thing inside the post office. My friend Cheyenne runs outside, yells my name, and says her purse was stolen! She had the purse between her legs while she was waiting in the post office, and someone came behind her and snagged it from behind. We missed the outlets because we had to talk to police, etc. So after we dealt with that, I met up with my roommates and shopped at the markets here in Florence...that was a alot of fun. Then, we went to a friends apartment and 9 of us girls made chicken parmesan, pasta, and salad for dinner that night. We had an interesting time making everything! Then, we went back home and went to bed.
Saturday was Cinque Terre...the most beautiful placed my eyes have ever experienced...not kidding! The clearest water, bluest sky, and tall mountains. My foot was still hurting (long story) and I was really sick with a cold, so we went up to the fifth village called Monterosso, had lunch and then laid out on the beach the whole day. It was wonderful. The beach was not sand, but rock; we rented chairs for the day and it worked out perfectly. We left around 6 and then when we got back around 8:30, we ate at Danny Rock (American Restaurant). We had a cheeseburger and fries and it was SOOO good! By then, we were exhausted and ready to go to bed!
7:30 came early on Sunday. We went to Siena and San Gimignano. They were both places with the Italian countryside in Tuscany. It was so beautiful, and that is exactly what I pictured Italy to look like. I cant wait to show you all pictures. Then, we came home and got a panini and rested. My roommates went out for a little bit, but I was not feeling well so I chose to stay in and catch up on rest.
This morning I had class again. We went to a few beautiful cathedrals for art history. So now I am at the computer lab. We are going out tonight for my friends 21st birthday! We all have the Opera tomorrow at the Boboli Gardens. I will tell you more about that later! Love and miss you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pronto,
Grazie for all the wonderful descriptions of what you are doing. It almost makes it seem like we are right there with you. I am glad you are journaling each day and saving ticket stubs and other items for your book. I have been taking pictures as well to fill you in on what has been going on here. However, your pictures will be much more impressive then mine - Midwest USA vs Italy, hummmm..... I am betting on Italy because L'Italia e molto bella!!!
Have a wonderful evening celebrating with your friends.
Ti amo, madre
hey k.b.!! i am glad your havin a great time over there.. i hope your feelin better and your foot is better to!! be safe!!
Post a Comment