Oh my, what a weekend!!! As you know I went to Venice, and I suggest everyone trying to get there in their lifetime. It is beautiful, romantic, and relaxing- it is definately a nice vacation spot.
Friday--- It was an early morning because we had to be at the train station at 8:30 am. The bus trip was good; it was about a 4 hour bus ride. Once we arrived in the Venice area, we had to take a fairy to get to the actual city. We sat in the front of the fairy to get the best view coming into the city...I love being on a boat! Once we got off the fairy we went straight to the hotel. The hotel rooms were a little different. I roomed with three of my roomies, and we had two twin beds and then a queen size in the middle. The very strange thing about this hotel was that some of the rooms didn't have a bathroom in the room; instead it was down the hall. We did have our own key so only we could use it, but it was a little awkward coming from the shower to the room! Enough about the room, after we got settled we met up with our tour guide and she took us to San Marco square (the only main square in Venice) where it had the most exquisite cathedral I have ever seen! I took a video of the square so everyone can see what it was like for me! Anyways, after the tour we walked around and scoped things out- while walking, we ran into the character Marlot from Nip Tuck...he was really nice and we got a picture with him. After that we went to dinner, and went back to the room to get ready for the night. My roomies and I went to Santa Margherita, where there is the only night-life in Venice. It was very laid back and nice to just hangout outside with friends.
Saturday--- We got up early to meet for the tour of the Academia, then my friend and I went shopping all around Venice and then took pictures at the Rialto Bridge. I bought my first real painting while I was there, even though it is little, it is BEAUTIFUL! It will look great in my kitchen at home. We then had lunch at the bridge, and then headed to the gondoles! It was such a great experience- it was a ride of an hour long, where it took us out through the whole city and then even out a little bit in the open water (that got a little rough). Our tour guide was very nice, and yes, he wore the whole outfit with the striped shirt, white collar, and hat! Did you know that Venice has over 400 bridges, no cars/mopeds, and it is known for its' murano glass? The shops were so beautiful because they all sold murano glass...they can make so many beautiful things. After the gondole ride, I went back to the hotel and rested for a bit before dinner and then Santa Margherita again. I have so much fun with my new friends.
Sunday--- We slept in a little this morning. I got up at 9:15 and took a shower. My roomies and I walked to the Rialto Bridge and looked at all the markets. I got a cup of fruit that was AMAZING, and cheap! :) Then, we went and had some soup before heading back to the hotel to laeve for Florence. We were on the bus and left at 3 and arrived in Florence aroud 7. I then went back home, wrote in my journal, and then went to dinner with some friends- NOT at Golden View! Ha! I actually had spaghetti with garlic and oil and it was the spiciest pasta I have ever had! I dont know why it was spicey, but it was still REALLY good! We then went home, hungout and went to bed!
Today I had class as usual. I went to the museum where Michaelangelo carved the David and where some of the real bronze doors from the Baptistery were. It was one of my favorite visits thus far.
Well, I will say goodbye until tomorrow! Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pronto,
Sounds like your weekend was so wonderful, as everything has been for you so far on your trip abroad. Thanks for sharing so much of your experiences from day to day with us.
Ti amo, madre
Post a Comment