Last night I went to Salamanca, that amazing mexican restaurant with some friends. I don't know why I was so exhausted yesterday, but I came home from dinner, talked with the roommates and then went to bed. It was nice to just stay in.
Yesterday my friend and I decided to skip art history today so that we could hike to the top of Michaelangelo Piazza. I know I shouldn't skip, but this was the only day I could because I only have one class on Wednesdays and I have field trips this weekend so I have NO free days. Also, we get two absences so we took a tourist day :) Michaelangelo Piazza is the spot in Florence where you can see the whole city! And this was the first time I saw trees and flowers. In the city, it is just concrete and buildings. There is this beautiful church at the very tip top of the hill. It was so beautiful. I took so many pictures of beautiful Florence. Now, I finally get what people mean when they say Florence is one of the most beaufiful places you will ever see. After taking a bunch of pics, my friends and I went and ate lunch at this cafe over looking the city. It would definately be a place to visit if you wanted some romance ;) Then, after we got down from Michaelangelo, I went around some stores I have never looked at before. Many were very pricey, but it is fun to look.
Tonight I don't have anything specific planned. The heat almost makes you not want to go outside. You step out and you start sweating, and then you can never cool down because it feels and same inside as outside! Bummer! Oh well, I have to deal with it another week and a half!
Well that is it for now. I can't believe I don't have that much time left here-- it's bitter sweet! Love and miss you all! Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Skipper,
Do you have an idea what you missed in class? It was probably the most interesting class so far!! LOL
Mike (nice guy from KOC that works at St. Andrews) asked about you last night. He said they missed you, but thought that it was a wonderful thing for you to have this experience.
We all miss you and are looking forward to your return.
Hope the next weeks go slowly so that you can enjoy, enjoy, enjoy before heading home to us.
Ti amo, madre
Hey sis,
sorry i havent been able to leave a comment in a while. i have hardly had time to look at the blog. it sounds like you are having an amazing time!!! i cant wait to see all the pictures and videos from your trip. be safe and have fun. buy me cool stuff. j/k.
ti amo
Linds
Post a Comment