Wednesday, June 27, 2007

*BrIgHtEr DaY, hOlE iN mY pOcKeT*

Hey everyone...only a couple of posts left! Yesterday was a rough day for me...I got really sick. I think it MIGHT have been from the tap water I had yesterday at the apartment, but I could be wrong. Anyways...I was in bed until yesterday afternoon like I said. Last night I got really lucky! AIFS offers a lot of activities such as food tastings and cooking lessons that you can sign up for, but unfortunately everything was booked that I wanted to do. However, last night my roommates signed up for cooking lessons on how to make ravioli and stuffed zuccini. So, I decided to go with them and see if someone didn't show up so I could take their place. Well, everyone showed, but they let me do it, and even for FREE! The food was awesome and I have all the recipes so maybe we can try it when I get home. I kept getting sick through the cooking and ended my night early to get better. We didn't get done with cooking until around 10 pm.

This morning I only had one class, and we reviewed for my final tomorrow! It has gone by way too fast! We got out of class early, so my friends and I went to eat at a panini place before heading out to get some last minute things. I decided a while back that my "one thing" was going to be an Italian Leather purse. After weeks of searching for the right one, I finally got it! Even though it could have been a lot more expensive, I feel like I got a really good deal. I had to call mom and talk to her about it because I am sooo hesitant on buying things for myself. But what's done is done! Now I feel like I have a hole in my pocket! Tonight I am going to dinner and then probably going out on the town!

Can't wait to see everyone! Ciao!

2 comments:

D.S.M. said...

Pronto,

Glad to hear that you are feeling much better today. Glad also that you can continue to get out and enjoy. You will be in Rome in a few days and you will get to have some more marvelous sightseeing and shopping!!! I think you probably have shopped 'til you dropped!!!! Good thing you will be home soon and back to reality!!! LOL, LOL!!
Miss you ...........

Ti amo, madre

D.S.M. said...

Hey sis, Sorry I haven't been able to post in a while. Busy girl!! Sounds like you are having so much fun and have really taken in the culture and atmosphere. Too bad you had to get sick, but at least it was only for one day. Can't wait to see you. Love you!!!